Sunday, March 6, 2011

Recent Shopping Haul


So, I wanted to share with you my recent shopping haul! I got a yummie tummie tank from Ruelala, and false lower lashes!

I've never tried lower false lashes so this was interesting. Here they are:
I just purchased these 2 sets from eBay. Took forever to ship here but they were really cheap.

ok... so my honest opinion? False lower lashes are so over-rated! There's a reason why they haven't really caught on here in the US. Here's a pic of one eye with false lower lashes and one without:
As my husband puts it, one eye just looks caked with mascara.... Plus, they are 20 times harder applying than upper falsies!

And, from farther away, you can't really tell that much. Upper false lashes totally transform one's eyes but lower false lashes don't make the eyes look that much prettier... imo...
See? The eyes almost looks the same...
Plus, I can feel the lower lashes after a little while and it's not unpleasant, but a little annoying.

So, on to the Yummie Tummie tank. After all that positive review from Oprah and so many others, this was a total disappointment!

For those of you, who don't know what yummie tummie is... it's a tank top with a waist shaper built in the middle! Awesome idea, right? You see why I was curious?!
I got an xs which is for waist size 23-25 which is what I am. But, it was too big to hold anything in! It looks just like a regular tank!

In fact, in some ways, it's even less attractive than a regular tank! It tends to gather around the smallest part of your waist. And, as it's not tight around my waist, you can see every groove and shape (like where my rib cage ends) under the mid section area!

So, if you are smaller, don't get Yummie Tummie; they don't make it in your size; xs is the smallest. :(
For reference, I'm 5'5" at 100 lbs.

No comments: