Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Cho Seung-Hui's Plays

Virginia tech massacre was committed by Cho Seung Hui. I usually post pictures up, but I just don't want his picture up on my blog... sickening.

Recently, there has been a lot of media about his past.
There are two things of interest.

Some believe that since he is from Korea that Asians and/or Koreans will be targeted after this crime. I must say that my boyfriend came back yesterday from school and admitted that there was just a little strange twinge whenever he saw a Korean. It's understandable. He's not racist... heck, he's with me.
But, I truly hope that people will not make this a racial issue... The crime did not happen because of race; he just happened to be Korean... If he had been white, no one would be saying, "I feel a little strange every time I'm around a Caucasian."

For those who do grow a hatred for Asians, they were racist to begin with.

Second, point of interest is that people keep saying that he had very dark plays written. I read them. They are weird, but I've read a LOT of plays. I competed nationally in speech (forensics) and have read a lot of plays in my time. Let me just say, I hate reading plays. They're usually just very strange (like incest and crap) or very boring or both... and generally, there just isn't any point. So, although most people are shocked by his plays, I'm not.

I think it is bizarre that he would turn this in for a college course; and I certainly wouldn't ever write anything like it, but I'm just saying:
1. This isn't any darker than a lot of the movies out there.
2. Plays are usually morbid and weird.

Anyway, if you want to take a look at his plays, click below:
1. Richard Mcbeef
2. Mr. Brownstone

2 comments:

AWY said...

6 people said I look like him today.

I'm pissed.

BebeFuzz said...

wow...
That's absolutely horrible. I can tell you that you don't look like him...
People are so ignorant and unthoughtful.
so sorry...
lucky for me that I'm an Asian girl...