mmm... I love lemons. For as long as I've remembered, I've loved eating lemons. They're the one food that almost ALWAYS makes my mouth water when I think about them.
Most people certainly don't feel the same as me.
However, no matter if you don't like eating them, they are still a wonder fruit! Not only can you use a lemon to get rid of pit stains by mixing it equal parts with white vinegar, or getting rid of that pesky cold sooner than later by eating a wedge, you can use it for beauty! I especially like it to get rid of colds. Homeopathic AND very organic. For me, and my hubby, it works WAY better than any of the stuff we get over the counter. Lemons and raw garlic are great to eat to get rid of a cold faster. Anyway, I'm getting way off topic. Back to beauty...
Now, I know the acidity level is high in lemons, but Reader's digest has confirmed that lemons are ok to apply directly to the skin.
Here are the beauty tips with LEMONS:
1. Lighten age spots, acne scars, freckles by dabbing directly on the spot and let it sit for 15-20 minutes before rinsing. Lemons have lots of Alpha Hydroxy and it can really freshen the look of your face.
If you have oily or combination skin, you can make a mask by mashing cucumber and lemon juice together. Using the juice only, apply over the face and let sit overnight. Then, rinse in the morning!
2. Dab lemon juice on blackheads daily to draw them out.
3. Get a manicure for whiter nails! Squeeze juice from 1/2 a lemon into one cup of warm water. Soak fingers in this for 5 minutes. Rub lemon peel back and forth on nails.
4. To get rid of dandruff, you can massage 2 tablespoons of lemon juice into your scalp and rinse with water. Then stir 1 teaspoon lemon juice into 1 cup water and rinse your hair with it. Repeat this daily until your dandruff disappears.
5. For dry, scaly elbows: Mix baking soda and lemon juice to make an abrasive paste. Then rub the paste into your elbows for a soothing, smoothing, and exfoliating treatment.
6. Remove warts! Nothing seems to work? Next time, try this: Apply a dab of lemon juice directly to the wart, using a cotton swab. Repeat for several days until the acids in the lemon juice dissolve the wart completely.